Where in the world....

We have traveled for business and pleasure, with friends and by ourselves, to sing with a choir and to listen to various languages abroad. The world seems smaller now than when we first began to travel over 40 years ago. We share these adventures with grateful hearts and encourage everyone to step outside their neighborhoods to have a look around the corner, because the sidewalk never ends.

My Photo
Name:
Location: missouri, United States

Saturday, March 11, 2006

India - Day One

Well, Monday's conference day is nearly over. Tonight is the Ballywood dinner and show. I'm less than real excited, but actually it may be kind of fun. We'll see.

P. found out that we were successful in the first step of our job efforts - we successfully were technically qualified (along with two other bidders). So now it goes to the lowest bidder. Doesn't sound too good to me, but she was overjoyed. We celebrated with a little shopping. Maybe that's why I'm not too thrilled about going out again tonight.

I could just drink my dinner again tonight, and top it off with pringles. So far, both mornings, I've had a big breakfast (room service Sunday AM, since I didn't want to screw with finding a place to eat in the hotel - kind of decadent but worth it after traveling 30+ hours). And a big Indian lunch both days. Today was a buffet at the hotel and it wasn't as good as the bar/dive we ate at on the tour yesterday, but not too bad. A little spicey - no make that a LOT spicey!! I have had two cokes at both lunches just to cool off my mouth.

Anyway, looks like since we're now qualified, there's no need for me to meet with company X on Wednesday, so P. has arranged a car to take me to the Taj Mahal. It'll be a long day, but what the heck - I can rest on the plane all the way home. Too bad I don't have a camera!

Well, gotta go to Bollywood. They supposedly have "thematic picture stations" with fire dancers, and who knows what else.

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

Yeah, Meister travel blog.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker